Home > Foreign Travel

Foreign Travel

Important Resources


  • Students: The Education Abroad office facilitates insurance for students traveling abroad. 
  • Faculty and Staff: University employees may use their employee health insurance when outside the U.S. Call (800) 810-2583 or visit https://www.bcbsglobalcore.com/ to identify medical services in your destination. In addition, the Texas A&M System has contracted with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) to provide emergency services for any employee abroad on university business. CISI also offers accident medical coverage while abroad. Contact Insurance Services at insurance@tamu.edu or call (979) 845-2850 for more information.
  • Official Visitors - CISI Insurance is possible to obtain for:
    • Official university international visitors participating in university sponsored events for 6 months or less, or
    • International employees, contractors, or subcontractors who are engaged in sponsored activities for 6 months or less.
    • For more information, Texas A&M faculty, staff, and departments are encouraged to contact Insurance Services at insurance@tamu.edu or call (979) 845-2850.